Evidence-based Therapy for Adults
I take a person-centred approach to counselling for adults
My approach puts you in the driver’s seat. You can take our session where you want to take it, and I’ll come along, helping you get where you want to go.
Together we’ll do a lot of traditional talk-therapy—which is a proven method to improve mental health and self awareness, and find release in areas you may be stuck. I may also include some exercises to facilitate healing. Sandtray therapy can help problem-solve situations that are hard to put into words. Mindfulness exercises increase awareness and relaxation. Depending on the situation I may use other approaches and techniques to build on learning and promote growth.
I have training in techniques which can target both severe trauma and many other common issues including:
- ‘Adult Third Culture Kid’ issues
- Boundary issues
- Cross-cultural/Multicultural issues
- Impact of physical, emotional, and/or sexual abuse
- PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder)
- Questions of sexual identity
- Self-Esteem issues
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal ideation/attempts
- and more